- Patient reports to the reception of the hospital, where front desk executive enquires about the patient’s problem.
- Front desk executive will refer the patient to the concerned department/ doctor.
- Patient reports there, and concerned doctor investigates the patient’s case history.
- If required, patient will be advised for admission in the hospital. In case of admission, the patient is given the admission date and admission form to be filled for further formalities.
- Before admission, the patient is counseled by the front desk executive regarding the treatment package that includes:
- Type of Room Availed
- Estimated Bill Size
- Average Length of Stay
- Various modes of Payment Accepted
- Documents to be bring on Day of Admission
During the Stay
- When patient is admitted in the ward, nursing staff will orientate the patient to the ward and the facilities available. Patient will be checked by the concerned doctor – this involves taking a detailed medical history and ordering of tests if necessary.
- During the patient’s stay in the hospital, patient will be attended by the team of doctors comprising of medical specialists, assisted by medical officers.
- The daily routine in the ward includes activities such as ward rounds by doctors, medication, meals, visiting hours and bedtime. However, this routine may vary as laboratory tests, x-ray, treatment and other procedures will be taking place when required.
- As and when required, if patient needs to be operated due to such ailment; same will be done by the concerned doctor as a part of treatment.
- The patient’s medical records and information on their medical condition are confidential. We will only share this information with the patient and the next-of-kin. If the immediate family members wish to know more about patient’s condition, they can approach the appropriate coordinator to arrange for convenient time to meet the concerned doctor.
- At the time of discharge, discharge summary certificate will be given to the patient before leaving the ward. In case the patient needs a medical certificate, he/she has to inform the doctor or nurse in advance so that it can be prepared before the patient leaves.
Follow up Care and Treatment
Before leaving the ward, patient is handed-over with detailed discharge summary, which includes doctor’s advice on their further follow-up treatment, daily routine diet and medical prescription.